Hendricks Regional Health offers speech therapy services for adults at our Danville campus. We provide diagnosis and treatment of:
- Aphasia (impaired language) after a stroke or other injury to the brain
- Apraxia of speech (a motor speech disorder)
- Articulation disorders
- Central auditory processing disorders
- Communication problems associated with neurologic disorders
- Language and communication delays
- Slurred speech (dysarthria)
- Swallowing disorders, including Videofluoroscopic Swallow Studies
- Voice disorders, using methods such as Lessac-Madsen Resonant Voice Therapy
Our team also works with adults with executive function disorders, which can affect their ability to analyze, plan or complete routine daily tasks.
Specialized Service for Patients with Parkinson's Disease
Nearly 90 percent of patients with Parkinson's Disease (PD) have speech problems that start early in the disease process and progressively worsen. These problems can make it difficult for patients to be understood by others, affecting quality of life. We offer LSVT® LOUD, an innovative treatment to improve voice and speech in individuals with PD. The program is recommended for virtually any patient with PD. Watch a patient success story:
Some of the speech improvements that patients experience with the program are a louder and clearer voice, better speech intelligibility, a more natural rate of speech, and more robust facial expressions. Treatment with LSVT® LOUD includes a one-hour therapy session four days per week for four consecutive weeks. It is available at the hospital's Danville campus.