Volunteers at Hendricks Regional Health are a vital part of providing high-quality health care with a personal touch. This diverse team shares a common goal to help others; and their time and dedication are integral to our hospital's mission and values. The Guest & Volunteer Services department is committed to supporting the goals and objectives of other programs and departments by providing compassionate, well-trained and resourceful individuals who provide quality care and customer service.
Volunteer opportunities are available in a variety of areas including clerical, patient interaction, mail delivery, gift shop, copy center, as well as greeting and assisting the public. Here are the steps required to become a Hendricks Regional Health Guild volunteer:
Read about opportunities and apply online >
- Application – can be done securely online
- Interview – a 30 to 40 minute interview will be conducted with the director of Guest & Volunteer Services to determine your interests and availability, and to discuss available opportunities
- Limited criminal history check
- Health assessment
- Commitment to your volunteer assignment as scheduled for a specified time frame (to be discussed during the interview)
- Orientation and training – required education that must be completed prior to starting your volunteer opportunity
For more information about becoming a volunteer, call (317) 745-3557.